Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Maya Hirsh

Yesterday, I received the worst kind of news. My dear friend Melanie's 4 year old niece was killed in a hit and run accident in Chicago. Words can not describe my sadness for Danit and David, their two little boys and the rest of the Steinbach family. Trying to come up with something positive to say to Mel was not easy, nor was there anything to say. I will continue to pray for them in this time of grave despair and may one day they feel a sense of peace and understanding of what has happened. Danit and her children were leaving the Lincoln Park zoo when a driver ran through a stop sign and hit all three of them. Little Maya was dragged behind the car and was killed from trauma to the head. This has outraged the community of Chicago because this was a well known traffic area that people routinely blew through and disregarded all of the signs. I will never know the pain that they feel, but I do hope that they feel the love and support from friends and acquaintances. God Bless them today and forever. And to little Maya- We love you and miss you.
(click on the title to view story)

No comments: