Wednesday, July 12, 2006

a guy compliment?!

ok- so i feel the need to preface this post with stating that I have a very kind, warm and loving husband-one who treats me like a queen and always is respectful....that being said, sometimes he spews things out of his mouth that are intended to be sweet, but come out WAY WRONG....

here is the scenario:

driving down the road, i pinch at my stomach ( i know--i just had a baby-whatever, i still feel HUGE) and i complain, AGAIN, that I am so fat and how gross I feel. to which husband replies:

"you know who you look like?"

me: "no, who"

husband: " the people at the end of 'The Biggest Loser', where they lose all this weight and their skin is droopy. you are not fat- just a lot of skin left over from losing a lot of weight'.

to which i replied: "awesome, my husband thinks I am fat."

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Men!!!

The worst part is he probably doesn't realize why this sounded so bad.

I could come up with a comeback for you but I think this is a family blog :)

I think you look fabulous!!

aileen said...

You look so fantastic. They don't ever realize what they are saying.

Amanda said...

You DO look fabulous... men just don't know when to keep their mouths shut.